Thursday, June 12, 2008

Life's Little Luxuries

Guess what!?! I just dried my hands with a paper towel. Might not seem news worthy to some, so let me give you a little background. We've been out of paper towels for about a week or so here at work. So, every time I use the restroom I come out with wet hands that I then proceed to wave around until they dry. Since I drink a ton of water/crystal light that makes this an hourly event. I think my arms were even beginning to see the benefits of all that waving. Today, miraculously there were paper towels! One of life's little luxuries. A convenience item. I've always thought of them as luxury items. Growing up we used hand towels to dry our hands, plates to put food on, and napkins to wipe our mouths. I don't even remember having paper towels in our house until well into my teen years. Once I was out on my own they truly became an expendable luxury. It was just one more thing I didn't want to spend my money on. Now that I have kids, they sure do come in handy. I no longer think of them as a luxury but a necessity.

1 comment:

Danica said...

LOL :) Still a luxury in our house....But yes I do sooo know what you are talking about.....We bought cheep paper towels last week LOL and Mark has been complaining ever since...I told him we had to use them before wqe could buy more..He is using them for everything now :) Just to use them up I think.......So the quality is just as inportant...